Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione, Politecnico di Milano
Via G. Ponzio, 34/5, 20133 Milano, Italy
Tel: +39 02 2399 3467
I graduated in Mathematics at UniversitÓ Statale degli Studi di Milano, Italy, in 2004 and in 2005 I have been researcher at Tampere International Center for Signal Processing, Finland. In 2008 I received a Ph.D. in Information Technology at the Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, where I have also been Post Doctoral researcher.
Currently, I am an assistant professor at Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione, Politecnico di Milano, and I am actively collaborating with Computational Imaging group in the Department of Signal Processing, Tampere University of Technology.
My research interests encompass two different areas: computational intelligence and image analysis and enhancement. In particular, my research activity covers the following lines: learning methods for nonstationary environments, change/anomaly detection, computational imaging, and image restoration.
- January 2018, Accepted tutorial titled “ Change and Anomaly Detection in Signal, Images, and General Data Streams ” at IEEE ICASSP 2018 Calgary, Canada. Abstract.
- January 2018, Accepted tutorial titled “ Learning class imbalanced data streams ” at IEEE WCCI 2018 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- February 2017, tutorial titled “ Change and Anomaly Detection in Data Streams ” Tutorial at IJCNN 2017 Anchorage, Alaska, USA. Tutorial website
- October 2016, Nokia Visiting Professor scolarship granted to my project “Foveated Image Features”.
- October 2016, we have received the Best Regular Paper Award for our paper titled “CCM: Controlling the Change Magnitude in High Dimensional Data ” (2016) Download Preprint, Download Codes
- October 2016, tutorial titled “ Change Detection in Data Streams: Big Data Challenges” at INNS Conference on Big Data 2016. Slides can be found here .
- July 2016, we have received the Outstanding IEEE TNNLS Paper for our paper titled “JIT Classifiers for Recurrent Concepts” (2016) Download Preprint
- July 2016, I had a talk on “Change Detection in Multivariate Data: Likelihood and Detectability Loss” at IBM TJ Watson , New York. Slides can be found here.
- December 2015, I had a tutorial titled “Learning in Nonstationary Environments: Perspectives and Applications” at 2015 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI 2015) together with Gregory Ditzler. Our slides can be found here and here
- September 2015, I had a tutorial tiled “Learning Under Concept Drift: Methodologies and Applications” at EANN 2015 (September 2015). Slides can be found here
- August 2015, I have received the IBM Faculty Award for my project titled “Anomaly Detection in Anatomical Brain Images by Sparse Representations” (2015)
- May 2015, ST Microelectronics sponsored a PhD student that I'll be supervising on a project titled “Intelligent embedded systems for high-dimensional and highcomplexity datastreams” (2015-2018)