Research fellow - PostDoc
Politecnico di Milano
Dipartimento di Elettronica, Informazione
Via Golgi 42
20133 Milano, Italy
Tel: +39 02 2399 3477
Fax: +39 02 2399 3574
My research work focus on modeling complex real-life problems mainly arising in the fields of scheduling and production planning and designing and prototyping single as well as multi-objectives techniques to solve them. In the years I have dealt with the optimization of complex human-machine environments, Logistics, Production scheduling and Vehicle Routing problems using exact methods and metaheuristic approaches as bio-inspired algorithms and randomized local search. From November 2012 I am working on the MODAClouds european project and now my interests are mainly targeting Model Driven Design and Management of Cloud based applications.
- D. Ardagna, M. Ciavotta, M. Passacantando Generalized Nash Equilibria for the Service Provisioning Problem in Multi-Cloud Systems. To appear on Transactions on Services Computing, 2015.
- M. Mazzara and M. Ciavotta. Issues about the Adoption of Formal Methods for Dependable Composition of Web Services. International Journal of Systems and Service-Oriented Engineering, 2015, 4, 35-50.
- M. Malekimajd, D. Ardagna, M. Ciavotta, A. M. Rizzi, M. Passacantando. Optimal Map Reduce Job Capacity Allocation in Cloud Systems. ACM SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation Review, 2015, 42, 50-60.
- D. Ardagna, G. Casale, M. Ciavotta, J. F. Perez, W. Wang. Quality-of-Service in Cloud computing: modeling techniques and their applications. Journal of Internet Services and Applications, 2014, 5, 1-17.
- D. Franceschelli, D. Ardagna, M. Ciavotta, E Di Nitto. SPACE4CLOUD: a tool for system performance and costevaluation of cloud systems. Proceedings of the 2013 international workshop on Multi-cloud applications and federated clouds, 2013, 27-34.
- M. Ciavotta, P. Detti, C. Meloni, M. Pranzo. A bi-objective coordination setup problem in a two-stage production system. European Journal of Operational Research, 2008, 189, 734-45.
- G. Minella, R. Ruiz, M. Ciavotta. A review and evaluation of multiobjective algorithms for the flowshop scheduling problem. INFORMS Journal on Computing, 2008, 20, 451-471.
- M. Ciavotta, C. Meloni, M. Pranzo. Scheduling dispensing and counting in secondary pharmaceutical manufacturing. AIChE Journal, 2009, 55, 1161-1170.
- M. Ciavotta, G. Dellino, C. Meloni, M. Pranzo. A rollout algorithmic approach for complex parallel machine scheduling in healthcare operations. Operations research for patient: centered health care delivery, 2010.
- G. Minella, R. Ruiz, M. Ciavotta. Restarted Iterated Pareto Greedy algorithm for multi-objective flowshop scheduling problems. Computers & Operations Research, 2011, 38, 1521-1533.
- M. Ciavotta, C. Meloni, M. Pranzo. Minimising general setup costs in a two-stage production system. International Journal of Production Research, 2012, 51, 2268–2280.
- M. Ciavotta, G. Minella, R. Ruiz. Multi-objective sequence dependent setup times permutation flowshop: A new algorithm and a comprehensive study. European Journal of Operational Research, 2013, 227, 301-313.